About Me

My photo
Connecticut, United States
I love photography because I love how a camera feels in my hands. I love wedding photography because I love that moment right before the first kiss, that look of excitement, the happy tears, the embrace, and finally the kiss that is the beginning of a brand new life together. I love senior portraits because it’s a time where they don’t have to hold anything back, they can be themselves, brag all they want, flaunt their stuff, and just celebrate who they are. I love photography because I know I am capturing memories that you will cherish forever.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Relax


Today has been one of those days. I've been working all day, planning the next few months out, getting the word out about the engagement giveaway I'm having, and I've been nonstop hungry all day. Just as I was reaching the breaking point, my wonderful Anna (who has also been working on the computer all day) turned to me and asked, "Do you want to go on a walk?"

My response? "YES!" Really, she read my mind.

So we walked. In the beautiful 40 degrees and sunshine. Down the road. By the ocean. To our favorite Fred's Shanty to see when they'll be open again (March!). Past the playground. Back up the road. And back to the house.

It was a simple thirty minutes, but it was thirty minutes that I needed. In those thirty minutes we laughed, we gossiped, we came to conclusions, we encouraged each other, and enjoyed ourselves. In those thirty minutes I smelt the cool ocean air, I saw green grass, I let my mind be still, and I enjoyed myself. In those thirty minutes I just relaxed. God knows how much I need to learn to relax, to take breaks, to let my mind go blank.
To relax.

Sometimes all you need is thirty minutes, a good walk, and a good friend to remind you how wonderful life is, to remember how blessed you are, and to remember to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment