About Me

My photo
Connecticut, United States
I love photography because I love how a camera feels in my hands. I love wedding photography because I love that moment right before the first kiss, that look of excitement, the happy tears, the embrace, and finally the kiss that is the beginning of a brand new life together. I love senior portraits because it’s a time where they don’t have to hold anything back, they can be themselves, brag all they want, flaunt their stuff, and just celebrate who they are. I love photography because I know I am capturing memories that you will cherish forever.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

5 Years Ago Today

Five years. Do you know how many days five years is? 1,825. One thousand, eight hundred and twenty five days. That is sixty months, 260 weeks- half of a decade!

Five years ago today I walked into the band room, the place we met with all of our friends every morning before homeroom. Technically you had asked me out the night before (this is a really embarrassing story, I'll save that story for another blog). Long story short, I told you I had to tell you in the morning- but I really, REALLY wanted to go out with you! I walked into the band room, saw you, and immediately butterflies took over my stomach. You saw me, smiled, and walked over to me. I took you hand, smiled, and sheepishly said, "Yes." I have no idea what I must've looked like, but I'm sure I was blushing as red as could be.

You hugged me. You simply grinned, wrapped your arms around me, and gave me a hug that I would learn to fall absolutely in love with. When you finally let go of me, we walked back to our group of friends, who I'm sure were probably playing one of the card games we always played, and we were dating. And what happened? It was Kyle, I believe, who spoke up first, "So, you guys dating or something now?" Yes, very Kyle like. He probably didn't even look up from his card game.

I don't remember much after that. What I do remember is the bell going off telling us to go to homeroom. We had that awkward moment of saying, "See you at lunch" and not knowing what to do next. I was just about to walk away when you pulled me close and kissed me.

You kissed me. We hadn't even been dating for five minutes and you kissed me.

And let me tell you this: It was the best first kiss ever in the history of the world.
Yes. I said it. It was the best first kiss ever. I don't care what anyone else says, our kiss was the best first kiss. I can't even describe why or how, all I know is that you left me weak at my knees, literally, and I walked to homeroom telling my friends, "That kiss. Our first kiss... I don't know what it is about him, but this is different. This kiss was different."

Now, it has been five years and we have gone from googley eyed teenagers to in love almost adults (yeah, adult is still a scary word). You are graduating college in two months and I have my own photography business. We've had our ups, we've had our downs, been to Disney World three times, made countless drives to Massachusetts and New Haven for visits, have dressed up for Halloween every year, managed to organize holiday schedules with our crazy, big families... And we are still together, absolute best friends, and closer than ever.

I don't know what else to say besides I love you. I love you. With everything I am, I love you.

Thank you for an amazing five years, five of the best years of my life. So many things have happened in five years and for some crazy reason you keep falling more in love with me. Thank you for always being there for me, for catching me when I fall, for laughing with me, for getting me addicted to Scrubs, for going Rock 'n' Roller Coaster with me even though you hate Aerosmith…

Most importantly, thank you for being you, for being my best friend.

I love you, Justin, forever and always, and to infinity and beyond.

77170_1503950513884_1087860123_31330027_1273615_n (1)
March 2006


KW1_8648
January 2011



Justin is probably going to kill me for posting this, or be really proud, one of the two. But Justin and I started dating during our high school's production of "Guys & Dolls". I was the stage manager and Justin was a Crap Shooter/Sexy Cuban Dancer. Yes you read that right- Sexy Cuban Dancer. He also won the most improved dancer award at the end of the year- and no, I'm not kidding. I've been on the hunt for this picture for days, and Al was amazing to have copies still! So here is the guy I fell for in high school, enjoy.
(I love you Justin! Hehe)

cubanJustin1

cubanJustin2

1 comment: